- 30 minutes
- Optional: display equipment
- Optional: printer
- Call 999 / 112
This activity helps strengthen children’s understanding of what to do if they see someone in trouble in the water.
The aim is to communicate the message to call 999 or 112 and telling the call operator that someone’s in trouble in the water and reinforce the importance of them staying back from the edge and not entering the water.
Tell me more
A multiple choice quiz tests how they’d respond in different emergency situations.
Once they’ve learned what to do, have them write a set of instructions for younger children.
If time allows, do some role plays of emergency phone calls.
- England KS2 PSHE Health & Wellbeing, Living in the Wider World
- Northern Ireland KS1&2, PD&MU, Personal Understanding and Health
- Republic of Ireland SPHE, Myself
- Scotland First & Second Level, PSE / HWB
- Wales KS2, PSE, Health and emotional well-being