Thank you for getting involved in Mayday – we’re welly proud of everyone’s efforts!
Our Mayday month has come and gone for another year, and we’re delighted to announce that the funds we’ve counted so far have reached an amazing £350,000! We want to thank everybody who has supported the Mayday campaign already.
Across the UK and Ireland staff and volunteers took part in welly walks, fun days, summer fêtes, street collections and so much more – thank you for all your support so we can continue saving lives at sea.
Here are just a few of the events that staff and volunteers took part in during May:
- In Portree the Yellow Welly Walk raised over £2,000
- Our crew at Mumbles set up their fitness rowing machines on the promenade and rowed the equivalent distance between their lifeboat station and Tenby Lifeboat Station to raise funds for Mayday, raising over £300
- At a Family Fun Day in Skegness over £500 was raised and a lot of fun was had by everyone who attended
- Our Portrush and Portstewart fundraising branch raised a fantastic £2,870 at their Mayday Antiques Fair
- Volunteers and staff in Dublin were involved in Mayday collections where some celebrities even made an appearance, they raised an amazing €9171.
We will be sharing the final fundraising figures for Mayday at the end of July, so stay tuned to the Volunteer Zone – thank you again for getting involved and bringing Mayday to life.
Mayday survey – have your say
We’d love to hear what you thought about the Mayday campaign this year by filling out this survey. It will take around 10 minutes to complete, and your answers will help us to look at how we can improve the Mayday campaign for next year.
Please complete the survey by Sunday 25 June. If you have any questions, please email Mayday@rnli.org.uk.