[Please Select Data Source]
‘Quizmas 2016’ Competition Terms & Conditions
- These Terms apply to the ‘Quizmas 2016’ competition dated 09 November 2016, run by the RNLI. Any questions about the competition or these Terms should be addressed to Lydia Bessant, Internal Communications Coordinator, 01202 335319 extension 6319.
- The competition is open to any RNLI member of staff or volunteer and the method of entry is by entrants completing the 2016 Christmas Quiz that that is handed to them or posted as a Survey Monkey link on Porthole, Yammer or Facebook and emailing their completed quiz to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. By following the steps at paragraph 2 of these Terms, you will automatically be entered into the competition, but entries not submitted following the steps in paragraph 2 will, without exception, be invalid and will not be considered.
- No donation to the RNLI is necessary in order to enter the competition or to be considered for the prize.
- There will be one winner, who will receive a surprise Lakeland Christmas hamper.
- Closing date for entries is 12 noon on Friday 16 December 2016.
- The winner will be the entrant who answers the most questions correctly. In the case of a tie there will be a bonus question given to all entrants who have tied and the closest answer to the correct answer will win. In the unlikely event of there still being a tie, the winner will be chosen at random from those remaining tied entrants. The judge will be Lydia Bessant, Internal Communications Coordinator.
- The winner will be notified by email, Yammer and the Volunteer Facebook Group on Tuesday 20 December 2016. Upon confirmation of these details, the RNLI will arrange postal delivery of the Lakeland Christmas hamper (at the RNLI’s cost) to the winner’s place of work or home (as notified to the RNLI by the winner).
- If the winner does not claim the prize within five working days of being notified, or is not available to take up the prize, the RNLI reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant without liability to the winner. Any alternative winner will be chosen and notified in accordance with paragraph 8.
- There is no cash alternative to the prize.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the decision of Aimee Aldersley, Internal Communications Officer shall be binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
- You agree that if you win your name and image may be publicised on such internal promotional activity and material as the RNLI may require, and also on the RNLI’s external social media channels such as the Volunteer Facebook group and Yammer.
- The RNLI can accept no responsibility for, and reserves the right to refuse, entries, which are corrupt, incomplete, or fail to arrive by the closing date.
- The RNLI may disqualify any entrant from winning the prize if it has reasonable grounds to suspect you may be in breach of these Terms and/or your participation in the competition may be fraudulent or otherwise unlawful.
- The RNLI reserves the right to amend these Terms without prior notice. Any changes will be posted on Porthole and the Volunteer Zone. Any changes will apply to all entries received after the date the changes were posted.
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, the RNLI excludes all warranties, representations, covenants and liability (whether express or implied) regarding the competition or the prize but this shall not exclude the RNLI’s liability for death or personal injury as a result of its negligence.
- By entering the competition, all entrants agree to be bound by these Terms and entry will be deemed to constitute acceptance of these Terms.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law and will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.