Selsey RNLI lifeboat launched to report of red flares in Bracklesham Bay
The Selsey all-weather lifeboat (ALB) Denise and Eric was launched for the 2nd time today Saturday 21 October after the UK Coastguard received a report of red flares sighted in the Bracklesham bay area.
The ALB launched at 7.05pm with a volunteer crew and proceeded to the area and conducted a search from Selsey to Chichester harbour and into to the harbour with nothing found. The weather on scene was wind south westerly force 8 gusting 9 good visibility out of the showers sea state rough.
At 8.48pm the UK Coastguards stood the lifeboat down with thanks. The ALB returned to station at 9.40pm and was rehoused and made ready for the next call by 10.45pm. The crew tonight were Coxswain Martin Rudwick, 2nd Coxswain Dave Lamdin, Mechanic Gary Pearce, Willy Pledger, Kristina Dolan and Harry Emmence.
- RNLI media contacts
- Max Gilligan Selsey RNLI Volunteer Lifeboat Press Officer
07956 415429 Max_Gilliagn@rnli.org.uk
- Paul Dunt, RNLI Regional Media Officer (South East)
0207 6207416 / 07786 668825 / email@example.com
- Paul Dunt, RNLI Press Officer(London/South East/East
- 0207 6207416/07786 668825/ firstname.lastname@example.org
- For enquiries outside normal business hours, contact the RNLI duty press officer on 01202 336789
Key facts about the RNLI
Learn more about the RNLI
Contacting the RNLI - public enquiries
Members of the public may contact the RNLI on 0300 300 9990 or by email.