40mins, Novice Kitchenhand
Zesty Calamari Rings
A quick and simple starter but always a crowd pleaser.
This is quite a simple recipe for a Fish Supper, but it’s absolutely delicious. You’ll want more!
Mark, RNLI Supporter
Quick and easy
- 2 cloves garlic
- 4tbsp of olive oil
- 4 fresh chillies (2 red, 2 green)
- 2 full calamari
- mixed green leaves
- 2 limes
- light vinaigrette dressing
- fresh basil leaves to garnish
- Chop the garlic finely and add to the olive oil.
- Chop the red and green chillies, with seeds, and add to the olive oil.
- Slice limes into quarters and squeeze one-and-a-half limes into the oil. Add the squeezed slices.
- Clean the calamari and cut into rings about 8–10mm thick and add to the oil. Toss the ingredients and leave to infuse in the fridge overnight. (If you’re in a rush, 20 minutes will do.)
- Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before cooking to allow the calamari to warm slightly. Heat your frying pan to hot with a little oil and cook the calamari for 20 seconds on both sides.
- Serve with leaves tossed in vinaigrette dressing, basil leaves and two slices of lime on the side.
Recipe supplied by Mark, RNLI Supporter