Farmdrop's Fish Fingers
- 200g bread
- 1 lemon
- 2 pollock fillets
- 4 eggs
- 1.5 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 75g plain flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp plain oil
- Preheat the oven to 150°C. Tear the bread into small chunks and blitz into breadcrumbs in a food processor. Spread the crumbs over a baking tray and toast in the oven for 5 minutes until starting to turn golden.
- Lay out three shallow dishes: into one tip the toasted breadcrumbs, into the second crack the eggs and lightly whisk. In the third dish combine the plain flour, dried herbs, seasoning and the zest from the lemon.
- Grease a baking tray with 1 tbsp oil. Slice your fish fillets into 1 inch thick strips.
- Take a strip and coat in the seasoned flour. Shake off the excess flour then dip into the egg. Shake off the excess egg then dunk into the breadcrumbs. Repeat with another coat of egg and breadcrumbs then lay the breaded finger on the greased baking tray. Repeat with the rest of the strips.
- Bake your fish fingers for around 15 minutes until the crumbs are golden and the fish inside flakey and delicate. Squeeze over the juice from 1/2 the lemon and serve.
Try the fish fingers with a glass of Picpoul de Pinet. This wine is great with seafood, freshly caught fish and mediterranean flavours.
Recipe supplied by Farmdrop