30mins, Everyday Cook
Declan MacManus’ Smoked Haddock Smokies
Never disregard a fish recipe that looks to simple, let the fish do the talking!
You can use any smoked white fish for this recipe and any cheese that melts well for the top, to put your own stamp on this dish use top quality produce from your local producers.
Quick and easy
- 4 pieces smoked haddock (skinned)
- crème fraîche
- pouring Cream
- spring onions (chopped)
- grated cheddar
- Cut the haddock into bitesize chunks
- Heat the crème fraîche and cream in a sauce pan (enough to generously coat the haddock). There are no exact quantities for this, just balance to the consistency you like!
- Add the haddock and gently simmer for about 5 minutes until the haddock is cooked. Take a piece out and look, it should be white all the way through
- Add the chopped spring onions and stir in
- Transfer to small dishes that can be put under the grill and sprinkle a generous amount of grated cheese on top
- Transfer to under the grill until cheese has melted
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and some nice white sourdough bread
Recipe supplied by Declan MacManus