Station opened at request of local residents. Boathouse constructed at a cost of £200.
New Peake class lifeboat Alfred and Ernest, built in 1852 and funded by Manchester Branch at a cost of £250, was placed on service.
On 7/8 September Courtown, Wexford and Cahore lifeboats launched to assist the US ship R.H. Tucker of Wisconsin which had struck the Blackwater Bank and subsequently caught fire. Six coastguards from Curracloe Coastguard Station also launched a boat to assist and it unfortunately capsized. Four coastguards were drowned, they were Chief Officer Richard Flinn, Chief Boatman Joseph Randall, and Commissioned Boatmen William Smith and Samual Henry Jenkins. The RNLI made a grant of £50 to the fund for the widows and orphans.
A new SR 36ft lifeboat, also named Alfred and Ernest, built at a cost of £412, was placed on service as the previous lifeboat was deemed unfit.
Slipway extended 21ft.
A new SR 37ft lifeboat, Three Sisters (ON199) built at a cost of £499, was placed on service.
A SR 37ft lifeboat, Robert Fitzstephens (ON262) built in 1890 at a cost of £569 and previously on service at Burry Port, was placed on service.
When making for the harbour, the lifeboat was twice caught and carried over to the North Pier and on the second occasion was dashed against the pier.
Decided that the use of horses was no longer necessary and harness was sold locally.
New boathouse built at a cost of £740.
A new SR 35ft lifeboat, Ernest Dresden (ON662) built at a cost of £1,974, was placed on service and the Robert Fitzstephens sold locally.
Inshore lifeboat station established with the placing of a D class lifeboat D-333 for evaluation purposes at Courtown on 15 May.
Old boathouse repurchased – IR£45,000.
The new station D class lifeboat D-412 BP Service was placed on service on 18 February, funded by BP Oil (Ireland) Limited.
Refurbishment work carried out on the boathouse included the removal of all internal walls and rebuilding of new walls to provide, on the ground floor, a boat storage area, souvenir outlet, drying cabinet, toilet and shower. On the first floor a crewroom and operations room were also provided.
Boathouse officially opened 9 May.
Relief lifeboat D-356 was on station from 30 April to 17 October.
Relief lifeboat D-417 Douglas Hurdall was on station from 23 January.
New station lifeboat D-548 Star of the Sea was placed on service in August, generously donated by Mr & Mrs Ian Holman of Fermanagh, Northern Ireland. D-417 was withdrawn.
The new station D Class Lifeboat D-711 Caird Au Chuain was placed on service in August. This lifeboat was provided by generous donations to the Irish Appeal. Lifeboat D-548 has been withdrawn to the relief fleet.